Monday, June 14, 2010

Free Lunch

Every summer there is a summer nutrition program here in the city. It is a free breakfast and lunch for all the kids. You can go to the participating school cafeteria and just eat. Everyday they have a different menu and today I was off from work so I took my daughters with me to the school to eat. It was the first time I did this and I was surprised that there were a lot of kids and parents there eating. My son did not go with us because he does not want to eat their food so only my daughters and I went. They had fun eating there with the other kids but they did not eat a lot so I ate most of their foods. I would like to go back there again next Monday for lunch. The food is not really important what is important is for my children to get out from our house and be with other kids sometimes.

No comments: