Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moving to the big city


This guest post from Lenny Mcknight


Moving to New York was one of the scariest things I ever did but I sure am glad now that I took the plunge. It’s been quite an adjustment but I’m really getting the hang of things here and it’s especially nice that the weather should be cooling off soon. I think my biggest mistake was planning my move in the hottest part of the year, summer, and not checking to make sure my apartment had AC when I rented it. I’m from Texas – everyone has air conditioning! It didn’t take long to have one installed and I went to www.NEWYORKENERGYRATES.com to get my bills down and now I’m sitting cool in the new place, but those first couple of days were rough. Not to mention how badly I felt for my poor friends when they were helping me move! I love it here so far and though it’s far from home I’m really starting to feel like I belong here. A few more years and I’ll practically be a local!

No comments: